Job Title: Office Manager
Job Location: Middletown, CT
Job Status: Full-Time; Hourly
Reports To: General Manager
Responsible for assisting the General Manager in ensuring a safe, smooth and efficient adventure operation. This position will experience every facet of the adventure operation on a regular basis. From processing reservations, sales, and administrative tasks to customer services and adventure guiding – this person will gain valuable customer service experience. The candidate will be self-starting, energetic, focused and accountable; embracing ever increasing responsibility and challenge, and sharing our passion for leadership development. The Operations Manager position is a valuable and critical role that helps support and execute our mission of inspiring and empowering communities through adventure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Office Manager is responsible for, but not limited to, the following essential duties:
- Contribute to a positive, supportive team atmosphere and model a “can do” attitude
- Responsible, reliable, punctual and committed to job
- Family friendly, pleasant and courteous in all interactions with guests
- Able to make risk management decisions and handle stressful situations calmly and effectively
- In alignment with EMPOWER mission of inspiring and empowering communities through adventure
- Communicates well with co-workers and managers
- Perform proper safety checks while following a series of critical safety protocols and operating procedures
- Attend required meetings and trainings
The Office Manager must complete and pass required site-specific safety training and certification course by the company. The Office Manager must have:
- Computer skills (PC applications)
- Experience working with diverse clientele in fast-paced, social, professional and multi-task environment
- Flexible schedule
- Great attention to detail to ensure safety and overall positive guest experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Commitment to work entire season (February through December)
- Strong self-care skills
- Drug free lifestyle
How to Apply:
Interested parties should send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Dan Jaskot, General Manager
EMPOWER’s General Manager will review each candidate’s resume, cover letter, and 3 references prior to scheduling an interview. If you have what we are looking for, you will be invited for an interview, where you will have the change to get to know us and we will have a chance to get to know you.
All new staff will be required to attend a training and certification program regardless of previous experience. A formal employment agreement will be presented to the candidate upon completion of training and after completing certification requirements.