Adventure Participation Guidelines
All guests must sign a Waiver and Release Form and participants under the age of 18 must have a signed waiver by a parent. If the parent is not present, a photocopy of the parent’s driver’s license must accompany the signed adventure park waiver.
- For the safety of all zip line participants, Empower will strictly adhere to the following guidelines: (1) Children must weigh at least 50 pounds; no child weighing less than 50 pounds will be allowed to participate in our zip line canopy adventure, (2) Persons taller than 5’10” must be under 270 pounds, and (3) persons under 5’10” must be under 250 pounds.
- All zip line guests will be required to weigh-in prior to participation in the zip line canopy adventure, during check-in, to verify that the standards outlined above are met by all participants.
- Closed-toe and heel shoes (i.e. sneaker or hiking shoe) are required for participation. Participants should dress for moderate levels of activity and for anticipated weather conditions.
- The Empower zip line canopy tour is designed for use by participants of average mobility and strength, and who are in reasonably good health.
- There is no minimum age for the zip line tour or the map and compass scavenger hunt. The weight requirement will determine the age. Typically, children who weigh 50 pounds are between 7-10 years old. The minimum age for the Tree Climb is 10 years old.
- There is a 300′ nature walk at the conclusion of the tour on an unpaved trail at an incline of about 12%. Each participant must be able to complete this walk. It is approximately as challenging as climbing four flights of stairs.
- Pregnant women, people with heart, leg, or back problems, or other serious illnesses will not be allowed to participate in the tour.
Additional Adventure Park Regulations
No one under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or impairing legal drugs, will be allowed to participate in the adventure park tour.