Youth Services Bureaus and School Districts share the critical responsibility of educating youths and promoting the well-being of children, youths, and their families – with the goal of all children and youths becoming resilient, empowered, productive, and engaged citizens in their communities.
Since the 1940’s, Adventure Education has served as an effective tool to help teach leadership, problem solving, and social skills to individuals; contributing to the development of future leaders! Adventure Education is designed to provide participants with “High Reward, Low Risk” learning and exploration opportunities; allowing for a safe environment focused on positive change. EMPOWER’s engaging and uplifting adventure programs are designed to help individuals learn:
- To coach oneself through challenge, adversity, and fear
- The difference between a positive and negative risk/challenge
- The courage to accept positive risks/challenges as growth opportunities
- Perseverance, grit, and commitment to a cause
- To develop trusting relationships and a positive network of resources
- Sound decision making processes and collaborative problem solving skills
- To confidently communicate thoughts and ideas while appropriately expressing feelings and emotions
Our professionally-trained leaders will facilitate each adventure; providing the tools that lead to increased self-confidence and self-esteem, improved leadership and team skills, a greater ability to persevere through challenge and achieve!